Resumes befitting of the programming, promotions or other professions, email Operations Manager Tom Lang at tom@979espnradiocom
We are an independently owned radio station serving the Tallahassee Florida and surrounding area. We are experiencing tremendous growth and we are looking for the right person to round out our small and talented sales team. We are a small company that does not have the corporate mentality of one size fits all and sales initiatives that don’t make sense.
JOB SUMMARY: To develop new business by being the primary client contact. Includes but not limited to: prospecting, setting appointments, making presentations, closing business, working with commercial copy, collecting payment for services and following up on results.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS: Candidate must have previous sales experience and be a top performer that excels in developing business relationships. Media sales experience is a plus. Candidates must have a professional demeanor and the creative skills needed to develop business for our radio station. Your success will be built upon your own ambition, work intensity, responsibility, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Passion, high energy, and enough self-motivation to win over new accounts and build lasting relationships and rapport with your clients is a MUST!
REQUIREMENTS: Includes but not limited to: valid driver's license, vehicle and proof of insurance. Computer skills and a positive attitude are necessary. This is a full time position and is not a desk job.
COMPENSATION: Very generous Commission plan plus gas allowance.
If you believe you meet these criteria, please respond with a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter "ESPN" in the subject line. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
**NOW ACCEPTING SUMMER 2016 APPLICATIONS**
Get hands-on experience in the sports radio and sports marketing worlds at ESPN Tallahassee. Work with on-air hosts, learn radio production, and get involved in promotions and real world marketing opportunities.
ESPN Tallahassee is looking for hardworking, dedicated individuals for our internship program. The successful candidate must be goal-oriented, self-motivated, eager to learn, take leadership roles, demonstrate an interest in sports marketing, and possess a desire to meet high expectations.
- Perform sports related research for on-air talent
- Build teasers and promotions for the radio station shows
- Screen calls for live broadcasts
- Transcribe interviews and commercials
- Assist in updating the station website and social media outlets
- Assist with marketing efforts and events, promoting ESPN Tallahassee at events including games, local bars, restaurants, clubs, and retail locations
- Assisting with set-up and execution of live broadcasts throughout the area
- Write scripts for commercials and PSA’s
- Must have a general knowledge of sports
- Must be willing to commit to 3 shifts a week
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
- Must have a car or guaranteed method of transport to the station
- Must have a flexible schedule (For Fall applicants, FSU Football game weekends included)
This ESPN Tallahassee internship is a non-paid internship.
ESPN Tallahassee has high expectations for the internship program. Candidates must be motivated and possess an attention to detail. If you are not a self-starter, you need not apply.
Hours: Interns are required to work three days in the office (three hour shifts) minimum per week. Hours will be mutually agreed upon. Interns are also required to make themselves available for at least one day outside of the office to participate in promotional events if needed.
If you believe you meet the above stated criteria, please respond with a copy of your resume and cover letter to Tom Lang- email@example.com
and Matthew Hutcheson- firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Summer 2016 Internship" in the subject line.